Wednesday, October 20, 2010

7. Art, paintings, but moreover G.

Well to start I must say I am not a very instruct person on the topics of art, paintings and that kind of stuff. I guess that´s because my family didn´t has “art-culture” or nothing similar. So according to that I didn´t visit art museums in my childhood or knew painters, famous prints, etc.

Just in my young age I learn about different artistic currents, the most famous artists (Picasso, Dali, Monet, Rembrandt, etc.), paints, sculptures, important places for their artistic value, among some other things.
But well I must say, until now I know a little more about art and paintings, I don´t considered myself an educated persons on this topics. Even so, I will love to be a kind of an amateur-expert some day, and be willing to talk about art and really understand it.

Despite the things I´ve just mention I have a favorite painter. I didn´t know much about Guayasamin when I first look a paint of him, but something happened to me. Something special is transmitted in his works, something like the “suffering of the people, the tiredness and hopelessness”. But also it talks about positive things, “the love of a mother” for example. Besides I must say that his art kind of represents the Latin-American culture, traditions, feelings, etc.


Oswaldo was born in Quito, the capital of Ecuador, in the beginnings of the twenty´s century. Over his veins run Quechua`s blood, and trough his art are express social inequalities. An interesting thing about Guayasamin is that his production is very complete. His work is fruitful in paintings, murals, sculptures and monuments too. He died in the XXI century, but I thing that is legacy will live trough his work, and will also live the message that he try to transmitted.

1 comment:

  1. You’re right about Guayasamin, a first impression might suggest that his paintings are all about suffering, but then you realize that there’s also love, tenderness and solidarity expressed in his art.
    <<<<<<<<<
    Well to start I must say I am not a very LEARNED person on the topics of art, paintings and that kind of stuff. I guess that´s because my family didn´t haVE ANY “artISTIC culture” or ANYthing similar/LIKE THAT. So, AS A RESULT OF that I didn´t visit art museums in my childhood or kNOW ABOUT painters, famous prints, etc.

    ONLY in my young age I learnT about different artistic currents, the most famous artists (Picasso, Dali, Monet, Rembrandt, etc.), paints, sculptures, important places for their artistic value, among some other things.
    But, well, I must say THAT now I know a little more about art and paintings, HOWEVER, I don´t consider(/) myself an educated persoN on thESE topics. Even so, I wOULD love to be a kind of (/) amateur-expert some day, and be willing to talk about art and really understand it.

    Despite the things I´ve just mentionED I have a favorite painter. I didn´t know much about Guayasamin when I first SAW a paintING of hiS, but something happened to me. Something special is transmitted in his works, something like the “suffering of the people, the tiredness and hopelessness”. But also THEY talk about positive things, “the love of a mother”, for example. Besides I must say that his art kind of represents the Latin-American culture, traditions, feelings, etc.

    Oswaldo was born in Quito, the capital of Ecuador, in the beginning(/) of the twentIETH century. THROUGH his veins rAn Quechua blood, and social inequalities are expressED tHrough his art (WO). An interesting thing about Guayasamin is that his production is very complete. His work is fruitful in paintings, murals, sculptures and monuments too. He died in the XXI century, but I thinK that His legacy will live tHrough his work, and the message that he trIED to transmit(/) will also live/REMAIN.

    ReplyDelete