Thursday, October 7, 2010

2. Brazilian´s Life

Definitely I would love to visit Brazil, especially the North of the country. This area is compost by the cities of Maranhão, Piauí, Ceará, Rio Grande do Norte, Paraíba, Pernambuco, Alagoas, Sergipe and Bahia, and it represents 18.26% of the Brazilian territory.

The north of Brazil is famous for his hot weather, beautiful beaches, rich culture (unique folklore, music, cuisine and literature), Carnival and St. John's festivities, between lots of other things. The biggest cities in there are Salvador, Fortaleza and Recife, which are the regional metropolitan areas of the Northeast.

In my experience, I have always surprise with the energy and magnetism of the Brazilian people, their culture, their music, traditions, life style, among other things. I am not that sure about what is the thing that makes them and the old country so especial, that´s why I dream with living in Brazil. It is almost like a secret that I want to discover.

I have an especial interest for the city of Bahia. This is an important city because of his history. I took about the immigration of African slaves, the colonial history, the syncretism of different cultures, the combination between “Santeria”, Catholicism, Paganism, etc.

When I say that I will love to live in Brazil I really mean it. I don´t know when and in what circumstances, if I will be studying, working or just enjoying life, but at least I will like to live a year in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment