Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Post 9. Home, sweet and bitter home…

I guess people and their houses have cycles, I am not that sure if we are going to love our houses forever. I think that hour homes are kind of a reflection of what we are in the different moments of our lives, what we are living, passing true, etc.

And, I must said that since I am living in Santiago (because I came here for studying) I don´t feel the same connection to my home in Los Andes. I guess that is important to take root when you immigrate to a new city, especially when you don´t have planes to came back to your hometown.

So, nowadays I am trying to make Santiago my home, and more than anything to become my flat into my new shelter. In fact, in the first years of University I didn´t worry about having a home, because I was more concerned with parties, living, studying a knowing people. But, now when I am just about to end my studies I have this new objective. According to that, I am trying to complete my house, have a washing machine, decorations, etc. I fact only three months ago I have a couch (and I live there since the march in 2009).

The only thing about my home that it´s making me uncomforted lately is that live alone, and now that I have fewer classes I am not enjoy that much to be at home. Still, I am not that sure about sharing my flat, it is easy to leave alone; cleaning required less time; you could run naked in it; etc. But well, I guess is nice too having lunch in company, talking with someone before sleep, all that simple stuff, family’s activities.

But well, although I still feel more like a home my flat in Santiago than my parent´s house in Los Andes… I will be that I am becoming an adult?

3 comments:

  1. Is true that you realize how important some family time is when you're not with them! But living alone must be a process of our life; it gets you time to evaluate some things and learn a lot to…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's hard to start thinking about these things.
    Sooner or later most must. Also, I think this situation is close to me. =S

    Success in this new experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well living alone, as you can see, has its advantages and disadvantages. I think now that you are young living on your own will be a very good experience and you should make the best of it.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

    But well, HOWEVER/NONTHELESS/NEVERTHELESS I still feel more like a home my flat in Santiago than my parent´s house in Los Andes… Will THAT MEAN that I am becoming an adult?

    ReplyDelete