Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Having English classes at University

This time I am going to talk you about my experience learning English at the University. I must say, that having English classes this year has being kind of a “reminder” to me. I used to have a very good English teacher at school (in the secondary), and love to listen to music in the language and translate the lyrics later.

The thing is, that I used to think that curses of English at University might be very difficult, or that maybe them prepares you for taking one of the “Test of languages” recognized around the world. But the reality is that these curses are only to level the students, or maybe to know how to read some texts in English, but nothing more.

So in my case, the class I had the last semester and the one that I am having now, have being useful to make that my old knowledge take some air. I have reminded some unusual connectors, verbs or grammatical forms, but in sum I haven´t learn anything new really. Maybe I have learned more words, so I have improved my vocabulary, which is a very good thing.

So the sad thing is that I have made more expectations of what really shows like possible. Because of that I definitely think that I will have to take a curse next year if I really want to take one of these famous tests and apply to a scholarship abroad. So I guess I am kind of disappointed with the importance of this curse.

To conclude, I am full concerned of the good thing that have mean the English classes, but I still feel that it could be better. Even so, I am still interest in the vantages of learning English, and I am planning to travel abroad for a year to work and learn new languages, especially English.

No comments:

Post a Comment